Core Certification Course – CIP™I – Course 5
Faculty: Prof. Edson Ito
The course is designed to assist CI professionals and their managers in developing and running a world class intelligence operation. It focuses on both the CI operations that are required to collect, analyze, and produce intelligence products and the appropriate organizational configuration that will both enhance those operations and best fit the company’s management style and culture.
- Does your management understand and use your intelligence capabilities?
- Do you have a method/process for identifying management’s intelligence needs?
- Does your current intelligence organization/process meet your company’s needs?
- Do you believe it takes a formal organization to produce effective intelligence?
- Do you have adequate resources, i.e., people and money, to run an effective intelligence operation?
- Does the individual running your intelligence function have the necessary experience and skills?
- Does your organization have a formal set of “Legal & Ethical Guidelines” ?
- Do you believe you are producing truly “actionable” intelligence? Do you know what the three key elements are to doing so?
- Should the intelligence organization’s function/output be evaluated? If so, should the evaluation be done on a financial basis?
- Do you believe/know whether your major competitors are running CI operations against your company? Have they been successful?
The mission of ACI is to help companies and managers compete more effectively via the superior use of the competitive intelligence perspective. The Fuld-Gilad-Herring Academy of Competitive intelligence is the only educational institution in the space of CI training to be accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).